Fishing is a very popular activity in Killarney and surrounding areas. The lakes are naturally populated with fish, with brown trout and salmon a speciality of the region. Angle from the shore, or head out on a boat to deeper waters.
Walking and Cycling
Walking tours are readily available in the Killarney area, or head out and discover the spectacular woodlands and lake areas by yourself. Well established walking trails makes exploring Killarney by foot a safe pastime, and one that will invigorate and inspire.
- 2 hour guided walks in the beautiful Killarney National Park are available daily, all year round. We will be happy to arrange a space for you on the excursion.
- Muckross and Dinis is a 10mile circuit where you can walk, cycle or avail of a jaunting cart. You will travel through the most extensive natural yew woods in Europe extending 30 hectares on great carpets of moss.
- Ross Island comprises of deciduous woodland, a flat, ever-changing lake, and mountain vistas. Visit the Ross Cottage ruins and from there journey to the copper mines. The mountain and lake panoramic views and native flora will leave you breathless, and the adventure is endlessly fascinating.
- The Dingle Way is a well serviced trail, passing through the centre of many picturesque towns and villages. During your walk, enjoy superb scenery and historical and archaeological sites.
- Ring of Kerry; the Ring of Kerry is part of the mystical and unspoilt region of Ireland that has attracted visitors for hundreds of years. This tour circles the magnificent MacGillycuddy Reeks, the largest mountain range in Ireland. It's spectacular beauty is without question, and it is a natural centre for outdoor pursuits including golf, water-sports, cycling, walking, riding and the very best fishing for salmon and trout.
Tours depart daily.
- Dingle and Slea Head; the Dingle Peninsula has the most rugged atlantic coastline in Kerry and is scattered with forts and prehistoric huts such as the 'Gallarus Oratory'. Slea Head is the most westerly point in Europe, and officially the last stop before New York!
- Many other tours are available, and we will be delighted to assist you in choosing the ideal tour for you.