There are a variety of options available to keep the little ones busy during their stay in Killarney.
1. Take the Kids to visit Muckross Farms and step back in time and experience life in the olden days. Visit Ireland in the 1930’s and 1940’s and enjoy the Animal Petting Area complete with Woodland Play Area.
2. Venture out on a boat trip from Muckross to the meeting of the waters and treat the kids to chocolate cake at Dinis Cottage located on Dinis Island which is part of the boat trip adventure.
3. Take a family trip to Kennedy’s Pet Farm, perfect for a family day out & also Coolwood Wildlife Park located nearby is a fun filled day for the kids to enjoy.
4. Hike around Torc Waterfall on a nice day with the Kids and take in the scenic views of the mountains and lakes.
5. Visit the outdoor Playground located in the National Park which will provide lots of fun and entertainment for the kids.
6. Hire some bikes and explore the National park in Killarney. Also pack a picnic for the day out so the family can sit, eat and relax in the beautiful surroundings of the National Park.
7. Bring the Kids to visit Crag Caves in Castleisland which is a short drive from Killarney Town, and discover the 1 million year old cave with stalagmites and stalactites. Crag Cave is also home to Crazy Cave Activity Centre with mega slides, climbing frames, ball pools and much more!
8. Take a trip to Dingle, Visit Ocean World to see the largest collection of sharks and to visit the polar penguin exhibition also located in Ocean World and a trip to dingle is not complete without a visit to see Fungie the dolphin.
9. Experience an evening on the Killarney Ghost Tour which takes place outdoors, an ideal fun evening for all the family.
10. Take a horse ride and trek through the National Park at Killarney Riding Stables adjacent to the Killarney National Park.